Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday

So, I was going to have a fashion post today, but I couldn't think of anything.  My brain is mush.



Instead, this post will be about something totally different from fashion...actually, I should just be doing it instead of blogging about it...

Cleaning that monster that is known as, "My Bedroom".

Now, this task is already hard because my preschool-age sister lives in there with me.  And she is not at all interested in cleaning up.  So I have to over-compensate in the first place to keep clean.  And when I'm getting to bed at ten every night and all I want to do is read and then sleep, the mere act of putting the day's clothes away seems hard.  So they most often get set by my bed or on my dresser, as I think They'll get put away in the morning.

My room isn't this messy :)


Not so much so.  Suddenly I realize that all the stuff has been piling up and when I go to finally put it away, I can't remember...is it clean still?  Or was I gonna put it in the laundry? So everything is automatically categorized as "DIRTY" and then somehow I have no more clothes in my closet and have to wear a my oldest tank top instead of the new t-shirt and shorts that I wanted to wear in the first place.  This happened the other day, where I had to wear shorts into the very cold, very windy city.  But we were lucky and it wasn't as cold as usual (phew!!).

Then there's the random trash that somehow ends up in my room.  How on earth did that paper get there?  Didn't I give that drawing to my brother?  And most recently, Why is there tissue paper in here?  Was I wrapping a present?

Wait.  I think I was.

Oops.

So today I started going through my room, putting dirty laundry in the basket, throwing meaningless papers away, going through stacks of old magazines that I haven't seen for years.  (Who knew we still even had my old National Geographic Kids issues from '06?)  I've decided just to toss the lot.  I don't need them anyway.  All my old American Girl magazines are already stored away, and the newest issue of any of my subscriptions are all that my magazine bin holds.



My sheets are washing now, and everyone knows that making your bed immediately makes your room look better.  After my room has been organized, I'll vacuum and move on to my closet.  That won't take long (I hope).



If you are interested in seeing my clean room, I can take pictures or do a room tour video and post it here...just comment and tell me.  Both of you followers have already seen my room though, so maybe that's kinda lame to ask :)  But I speak as if there is a larger audience.  It's more fun that way!

Speaking of, if you have just stumbled upon this blog by searching some weird keyword leave a comment!!  Or even if you are a first-time or new to this blog or my other one (more about my education and such) shoot me a comment!!

New to the blogging world?!  I'll totally follow your site :)  Just give me the URL and I'll check it out!  Blogging rocks!!

Wow.  That was a very long, very ramble-y post.  And it got kinda off-topic at the end haha!  But yeah...talk later!

~DaisyLuv210


No comments:

Post a Comment